In 1967, LK Diesel Service began as a partnership between Lloyd Lang and Ted Kuhlwind – the L and K of LK Diesel Service Pty Ltd.
They were situated in a small workshop in Racecourse Road, Newmarket, Victoria, Australia.
Ted was employed by Ansair, a part of Ansett, who were the Magirus Deutz truck dealers in Victoria. When Ansair moved to Essendon Airport, Ted took over their former workshop.
Lloyd, who was a field engineer with Deutz Australia, joined shortly after. Ted, who came to Australia in 1956 as a specialist in Magirus Deutz trucks, a large German company, continued to look after trucks with service, spare parts and at a later stage with the assembly and sales of these vehicles.
Lloyd concentrated on service, repairs and sales of engines for irrigation, construction, mining, generators and many other applications, specialising in Deutz engines.
Lorna, Ted’s wife, managed the accounts and in 1970 she was joined by Dotty, Lloyd’s wife who took over the accounts and Lorna moved into spare parts, which she still manages today. In the same year, LK Diesel Service was registered as a company.
In 1979, Ted and Lorna’s eldest son Michael started work at LK Diesel Service as an apprentice diesel mechanic. Michael is now our service manager and technical advisor.
In 1984 Deutz Australia Pty Ltd offered us a dealership in Melbourne, which changed our outlook and in 1988 Ted and Lorna’s second son, Bernard started work at LK Diesel Service as a diesel fitter/administration assistant.
Bernard is now our I.T. and office manager. Our Newmarket premises were becoming decidedly small, so in 1989 we moved the business to Audsley Street, Clayton, Victoria and took up residence in the same building as Deutz Australia.
Terms & Conditions
Achievements & Awards
- Kubota Power Centre Limited Edition Award for Achievement 2000/1
- Kubota Power Centre Limited Edition Award for Achievement 2002
- Certificate of Appreciation 2002 for Outstanding Contribution to Kubota engine and generator sales
- Kubota Power Centre Limited Edition Award for Achievement 2003
- Outstanding Achievement Award for Excellence in the Sales and Service of Kubota engine and generator sales 2004/5
- 5 star service dealer 2007 – 2010
- Sustainable Business Programme – Certificate of Completion – City of Kingston 2013
- 15 year dealership award September 2014